Photo by Joey Kyber on Unsplash
What is it?
Inside RPA’s virtual workforce, is an army of software robots that performs tasks they are trained to do at lightning fast speed; all without requiring any human intervention.
Types of RPA
- Resides on the user’s machine
- Reacts to events on the desktop
- Responds to requests made by the user
- Sits on a remote server
- Processes an input and returns an output
- Usually for batch job processing
- Optimized for both front and back office activities
- Reaps the full benefit of RPA
How does it work?
Essentially, the software robot captures and automates interactions usually performed by a user on the GUI. With the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI), it can adapt easily to certain changes in the process; be it different website formats, new app versions, loading delays etc.
Here’s an example of a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) handling an SAP invoicing:
RPA Will Help Your Business
- One software robot can easily carry out workloads of 3 workers
- Digital workforce that run 24/7
- Training and recruitment expenses can be cut down
- No more repetitive mundane tasks
- Automates back office activities easily
- RPA bots will certainly be on hand whenever you need them
- “Hire” more bots to handle an increased workload
- New bots can be easily configured for specific tasks
- Removes the need for training
- Eliminates human errors
- Lowers operational risks
- RPA software provides a monitoring system to keep track of performance and schedules
- Fine tune with the data provided to improve overall efficiency of the system
Make your business more productive while reducing the need for more manpower. Get in touch with us!